Friday, February 21, 2014

I miss my wife

Trucking can be lonely. I just came back out from four days at home, and
already I miss my wife. I miss her smile. I miss the way she curls up
with the cat on one side and me on the other. I miss hearing her sleep
next to me. We spend hours on the phone every day just keeping in touch.

Trucking is definitely not for everyone. It takes someone very special
to put up with the long times I am away from home, and it takes a great
deal of patience to be out on the road. There are the stresses of the
job, from dealing with rush hour traffic in three cities over two states
in one day to waiting hours and sometimes days for your trailer to be
loaded or unloaded. Even with everything I must deal with on the road,
she needs to take heroic measures to maintain our home, from dealing
with all the bills because I can't get the mail to calling repair people
when things break. Too many things happen that would be easy if I were
there, but are difficult because I am out driving the truck.

Because she is so wonderful to me, I try to do little things to bring
out that smile I miss so much. One of my hobbies is knitting, and I
am making her a pair of socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment