Saturday, March 15, 2014

Culture Shock at the Truckstop

This evening, I was heading into the truckstop to take a shower and I
came across a group of muslims conducting their evening prayers. I then
began to wonder just what the other truckers thought about that. My
thoughts are that the islamic variety of imaginary sky daddy is just as
ridiculous the christian one. However, I certainly don't want to refuse
them the right to believe as they wish. Elsewhere in the truckstop were
the usual christian literature stashes, evidence of the general
right-wing christian leanings of the typical trucker.

It occurred to me that most truckers observing the muslim prayer ritual
would likely think that "those people" shouldn't be allowed to do that
in front of good, decent Americans. Somehow, I don't think they would
feel the same if a religious minority came out and said the same thing
of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment