Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Wait

As Tom Petty once put it, the waiting is the hardest part. I am
currently sitting in Iowa waiting for a load of meat to be ready. This
is nothing new, most of the time when I need to pick up meat I have to
wait. The destination for this load is Boston. I have about 1200 miles
to go to get it there, and it needs to be there by 9 pm Sunday. It is
now Thursday.

There is not much to do while waiting for a load to be ready. It could
come at any time, and there is only so much sleeping I can do. I may
have to drive for six or seven hours after being up all day. I may get
to sleep all night then move out in the morning. I may get to sleep all
night then wait all day then drive for ten hours to get close enough to
make it to the delivery point on time. It is a lonely job sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment